Friday, June 25, 2010

strawberry pancakes make me happy

Today didn't start happy....
My husband left this morning for a business trip with my brother...
and they are going to Disneyland...without us...
the fridge was completely empty besides a gallon of milk and a rubbery stalk of celery...
no lie, it was that empty.

So I grabbed my coupons and we headed to Walmart. Things started to look up when I walked in the door and they were changing the sign for strawberries to 70 cents!
George squealed in delight and clapped as I loaded the cart with 8 cartons of strawberries.
Finished my shopping and headed out to the van when I suddenly realized...

I was naked...

Ha, Ha! Did I get you?! Ok, Ok, not that bad, but the thought that ran through my mind was almost as horrific to me. I forgot makeup, all of it, not even chapstick...
Ugh.
Back to square one for my bad day.
Then we went home and made pancakes with strawberries.
And as I ate the sweet, tart, buttery, fluffy goodness I thought....if I can survive heading into a crowded supermarket with pregnancy spots all over my face, and eyelashes that couldnt be seen without a microscope...
I can handle being home alone with my toddler all week,
Bring it on world!
Nothing can stop me....well...until I go through my 8 cartons of strawberries.

No comments: