Friday, July 16, 2010

grilled peaches



Last night we did a ton of grilling. Dinner was Grilled Chicken, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Grilled Pineapple. And the one thing not grilled, creamy pesto pasta (herbs from the garden). Then for dessert we grilled some peaches and served it with icecream. They were super quick and easy to make. I just halved the peaches, took the pits out and left the skin on. Then I melted some butter and mixed in some honey. Coated the peaches with the mixture. Then threw on the grill medium heat for a couple minutes. It was sweet and smokey.
Next time I might try melting brown sugar instead of honey, because I'm not a huge honey fan. Or try using white peaches and maybe serving it with cooked blackberries! I can't wait!



I am now 27 weeks pregnant and heading into the third trimester! The little man is at least 16 inches tall and weighs 2.5 pounds. Around the size of a head of Cauliflower. But we have a feeling this guy is much bigger already!
Georgie is holding his hands on my belly to feel kicks everyday. And he thinks my belly button is some sort of window or peep hole to see his new baby brother. He tries to look inside and waves, it's too cute!
If he comes as early as Georgie did, we only have 10 more weeks. And will be expecting him as early as the end of September.
I am feeling fabulous this pregnancy, thankful to not be on bed rest like last round. And I'm on a mad dash to get this new condo unpacked and ready for the little man!

Number Photos by always13

1 comment:

Heidi Sue the Mommy crafter said...

I want a grill! And I want to grill peaches! Yummy! Glad you don't have to be on bed rest this time!