Thursday, December 30, 2010

jack now...

Read the beginning of the story here.

Photobucket

The NICU felt like 3 years.
Seeing your baby hooked up to machines is a frightening thing.

Photobucket

To only be able to touch your baby with gloves for days.
How can they get better without feeling love, and being held.
I had such a hard time understanding it all.

Photobucket

The worse thing about it is they wouldn't ever tell us he was coming home. Ever.
When we would ask questions they couldn't answer most of them.
It was so hard not knowing when we could hold him next...
When he would get off the machines...
When he could come home...
So many questions were unanswered.
We had to turn to the lord in for what we needed.
Prayer helped tremendously. It was such a comfort and got us through it all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was 3 days before I could hold my baby.
And this may sound crazy to you. But when they put him in my arms.
It was like a group hug.
Someone was there helping him. And also comforting me.

Photobucket

It was all like a bad dream.
I'm so glad I woke up from it.

Photobucket

Slowly the cords disappeared...
The antibiotics fought off the pneumonia...
His lungs got stronger...

Photobucket

After 12 VERY long days. We got to bring JackJack home.

Photobucket

Here is a couple cute videos of Georgie meeting Jack for the first time.
He was very excited to meet the baby. And also to see there were dinosaurs on Jack's clothes and carseat.

Video 1

Video 2

Photobucket

And here is Jack now that he is home...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More of this gorgeous baby and other things tomorrow...

Love, Linz

2 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

I feel for you. Very similar to my last son's birth. Problem with oxygen, life flight, NICU at a distant hospital. I didn't wait 24 hours, I left about 15 hours after his birth to go be with him. They never could tell us what was wrong with him. He did not have pneumonia. I'm so glad your son is home with you. I remember that well with my son--a very joyous time.

Lindsay said...

Yeah we are soo happy to have him with us. Such a relief and great thing.
I'm excited to read your new book since I saw it on your website a couple weeks ago! Is it out on store shelves now?