Friday, February 04, 2011

take a vacation



Last night we had Chinese food. My fortune cookie was,

take a vacation
.

Vacation.....
Vacation, vacation, vacation, vacation.
That word has been repeating over and over in my head all morning.
Not the best word to have in your head when you are trying to be a good attentive parent.
Try staying calm during your two year old's tantrums. When all you can think about is...
I can't remember my last vacation.
My honeymoon? Before the kids?
Maybe I will go lay on a 80 degree beach somewhere.
Oh how wonderful a vacation would be...
Then I promptly got a phone call, it was the hospital billing office.
That snapped me back to reality.
I have years before we can afford a vacation.
Maybe I should plan a "stay-cation"

Dang you fortune cookie!



Photo by Maza34

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

I love that fortune! I want it. I need a vacation.