Saturday, March 05, 2011

sofia

Photobucket

Pink and Purple Butterfly Cake for a little baby Sofia.

Photobucket

It was for a baby shower, and I think it turned out darling!

Photobucket

The flowers are made of fondant. And I brushed them with sparkle/luster dust.

Photobucket

The butterflies are made from rice paper and are edible.
I purchased them here.
They also sell more realistic butterflies from a great shop here.

Photobucket

I started baking and decorating late Friday night and worked all night long. It was peaceful to do it while the boys were sleeping. And I didn't have to worry about them grabbing at everything.

Jake made the fondant and stayed up much of the night with me.
Around 2 am he turns to me and says,
"You're like the Jack Bauer of Cakes"
I'm still laughing about it...

No comments: